- Greenwood Police Dept.
- Planning & Zoning
- Town Clerk
- Water Dept.
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911
Greenwood Police Department
The mission of the Greenwood Police Department is to attain the highest quality of life and security for all who live,work, visit and travel through Greenwood.
The department is proactive in working with thecommunity to maintain a high quality of life by responding to and preventing crime, promoting a safe
environment, and enforcing laws while safeguarding theconstitutional guarantees of all. We are committed to serving the community with integrity, impartiality, sensitivity, andprofessionalism.To fulfill our mission, we mustnurture publictrust by holding ourselves to the highest degree of ethical and professional behavior.
To achieve this mission, we commit to these specific values:
- We value our employees and have confidence in their training and abilities;
- We value the law and are committed to the protection of individual human rights;
- We value public service and are committed to continuous service improvement;
- We value community opinion and response as a means of identifying and addressing public safety and quality of life issues;
- We value courtesy, compassion and respect.
CHIEF DAVID SEARCY
Supervisors & Officers
Supervisors: Chief David N. Searcy, Lt. Shayne Gibson, Sgt. Jerry Steele
Officers: Ofc. Chris Faris, Ofc. Timothy Lee, Ofc. Daniel Munds, Ofc. George Shaul, Ofc. Kevin Ainsworth, Ofc. Randy Lambert, Ofc. Jennifer Bickham, Ofc. Lita D. Hopkins, Ofc. Rhiannon Bowers, Ofc. Jennifer Anderson
Support Personnel: Ann Fuller-Sisson, Ofc. Maverick K-9
Reserve Officer: Ofc. David Owen
Click on a supervisor's name to email them!
Traffic Fines and Cost
- 1-15 MPH over speed limit $188.50
- 16-25 MPH over speed limit $218.50
- 26-39 MPH over speed limit $266.50
- 40 MPH over and (careless operation) $449.00
- Driving Under Suspension $457.00
- Expired Inspection Sticker $154.00
- Expired Drivers License more than 90 days $171.50
- Expired Drivers License less than 90 days $153.50
- Stop Sign $209.00
- Seat Belts - 1st offense $25.00, 2nd offense $50.00, 3rd offense $50.00 + court cost
- No Child Restraint – 1st offense $50.00, 2nd offense $100.00, 3rd offense $100.00 + court cost
- Open Container – 1st offense $94.00, 2nd offense $144.00 and 3rd offense $144.00 + court cost
- Texting while driving $154.00
The following is a list of violations that could be considered to have the offender come in and have the chief or his designee look at the violation and determine if the corrective action has been taken.
- 32:411.1 No Drivers License on Person
- 32:412 Expired Drivers License, Less than 90 Days
- 32:406 Moved 10 days to change address
- 32:404 New Residence, 90 days to secure drivers license
- 47:508 Exp. Plate (if less than 90 days)
- 32:1304 Exp. Inspection Sticker (MVI) (if less than 90 days)
- 32:304 Taillights out
- 32:319 No brake lights
- 32:301 Headlights out
Offender would have 5 calendar days to come to the Police Department during normal business hours (8am to 4pm), to show that violation has been corrected and the citation would be dismissed. It would be verified by the Chief of Police or his designee.
Our Town Clerk is responsible for various town functions such as the Greenwood Farmers Market, Pioneer Heritage Festival, Christmastime in the Park, and more. However, to make each event a success, we need volunteers and ideas from the community.
What would you like to see in Greenwood?
What kind of activity would you be willing to participate in?
How about volunteer for?
Please let me know! Call Veronica Brown at 318-938-7261 or email me at email@example.com.
Our Deputy Town Clerk is also responsiblefor taxes and permits. Please call Tiffany Gaar at 318-938-7261 if
you have any questions.
If you have questions about
fines or forfeitures, please
give Deanna Freeman a
call at 318-938-7261.
Not pictured: Patti Purkey, Accounting
Water Department Personnel
Not pictured: Ruthie Rials
Ordinance No. 8 of 2011 - Water Charges for the Town of Greenwood
The following monthly rates shall be the minimum rate charged for water furnished to residential and commercial customers:
- Residential Rates – Inside $20.00 per month for 0-2,000 gallons $2.25 per thousand or part thereof next 8,000 gallons $2.80 per thousand or part thereof 10,001 to 20,000 gallons $3.65 per thousand or part thereof 20,001 to 30,000 gallons $4.00 per thousand or part thereof all over 30,000 gallons
- Residential Rates – Outside $25.00 per month for 0-2,000 gallons $3.25 per thousand or part thereof next 8,000 gallons $3.75 per thousand or part thereof 10,001 to 20,000gallons $4.50 per thousand or part thereof 20,001 to 30,000 gallons $4.75 per thousand or part thereof all over 30,000 gallons
- Commercial A Rates – Inside (Average 20,000 gallons and over) $125 per month for 0-10,000 gallons $4.00 per thousand or part thereof 10,001 to 30,000 gallons $5.00 per thousand or part thereof all 30,001 to 40,000 gallons $5.25 per 1,000 gal or part thereof all over 40,000 gallons
- Commercial Rates – Outside $40 for 0-3,000 gallons $3.65 per thousand or part thereof next 7,000 gallons $4.15 per thousand or part thereof 10,001 to 30,000 gallons $5.00 per thousand or part thereof all over 30,000 gallons
- Commercial B Rates – Inside (Average 20,000 gallons and under) $35.00 per month for 0-3,000 gallons $3.50 per thousand or part thereof next 7,000 gallons $4.00 per thousand or part thereof all over 10,000 gallons
BE IT FURTHER ORDAINED that there is hereby levied a 10% penalty for failure to pay the said water charge by the 20th (twentieth) day of the month. BE IT FURTHER ORDAINED that in the event said water charge is not paid by the 1st (first) day of the month following the due date, the Town of Greenwood is authorized to disconnect water service to said customer. BE IT FURTHER ORDAINED that all ordinances or resolutions or parts thereof in conflict herewith are hereby repealed. This ordinance shall be effective July 1, 2006.
Click here to see ORDINANCE NO. 8 OF 2011 in its entirety.
Ordinance No. 10 of 2006 - Sewer Charges for the Town of Greenwood
The following monthly user rates shall be charged for sewer furnished to residential and commercial customers of the Town of Greenwood sewer system:
- Separately metered single-family residential dwellings: (A) Inside Town limits, a base monthly rate of $10.00, plus $1.46 per 1,000 gallons, or part thereof, of metered water used during the month. (B) Outside Town limits, a base monthly rate of $11.00 plus $1.65 per 1,000 gallons, or part thereof, of metered water used during the month.
- Single-family residential dwellings not metered: A flat rate of $20.00 per month.
- Residential multi-family dwellings with 1 (one) master meter, where units are not separately metered: (A) Multi-family dwellings in operation prior to the effective date of this ordinance, where the units are not separately metered, shall be charged at the commercial rate. (B) Effective July 1, 2006, separate meters will be required for each dwelling unit in any new multi-family dwelling construction, with each unit to be charged at the single-family residential rate.
- Commercial Rates: A base monthly rate of $23.00 plus $3.50 per 1,000 gallons or part thereof of metered water used during the month.
BE IT FURTHER ORDAINED that there is hereby levied a 10% penalty for failure to pay the said sewer charge by the 20th (twentieth) day of the month.
BE IT FURTHER ORDAINED that in the event said sewer charge is not paid by the 1st (first) day of the month following the due date, the Town of Greenwood is authorized to disconnect water service to said customer.
BE IT FURTHER ORDAINED that all ordinances or resolutions or parts thereof in conflict herewith are hereby repealed. This ordinance shall be effective July 1, 2006.
Click here to see ORDINANCE NO. 10 OF 2006 in its entirety
The Water We Drink: Public Water Supply ID - LA1017014
We are pleased to present to you the Annual Water Quality Report for the year 2012. This report is designed to inform you about the quality of your water and services we deliver to you every day (Este informe contiene información muy importante sobre su agua potable. Tradúzcalo o hable con alguien que lo entienda bien). Our constant goal is to provide you with a safe and dependable supply of drinking water. We want you to understand the efforts we make to continually improve the water treatment process and protect our water resources. We are committed to ensuring the quality of your water.
Click here to read the rest of the report.
Check out Ofcs. Kevin Ainsworth & Maverick during the
Shreve Memorial summer reading program at the Higginbotham-Bryson branch!